Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Musey IV

Have I ever told you how great Amazon.com MP3s are? They're cheaper than iTunes songs and they have a lot of hidden free songs. I kept looking up songs I wanted today and found out many of them happened to be free. It could've just been a lucky moment of my day.

Anyway, new songs to shaaare.


Band of Horses has been growin' on me lately. Their most popular is most definitely legit and worth a listen.  And so is this one, Blue Beard.

Trent Dabbs is awesome. Picture this song as a woman walks into a dance looking all stunning in a shiny blue dress. Eyes lose sight of previous conversations and jaws droop, one in particular. He just can't wrap his mind around her. Watch this if you need a visual.

I wish I had made this scene up, but that's the setting where I first witnessed Wrap My Mind around You. Here's the full version.

Trent Dabbs
I got this next one free on iTunes earlier this year. Seriously, I am SO good at finding free songs without downloading nasty, virusy ones. ITunes weekly songs are worth nabbing for the occasional gems. Strange Attractor by Animal Kingdom is a shiny bit from the iTunes stock.

My ears are so in love with the sounds of The Argument by Aidan Hawken. The first notes of the song get me so excited to hear the whole thing. This song is elusive and I've only found it on Bandcamp, but it was worth every single penny of that $1.

Band of Horses has a concert this week. I will not be donning a blue beard in support, but I'll be there nonetheless.

P.S. I think I just re-addicted myself to all of the above songs... Cool. I have good taste. : ]


2 comments:

Whitney said...

I agree, I like your taste in music!! I'm thinkin' this post will help me sleep tonight :)

Alex said...

No idea how happy that makes me. Yay. :]