8 julio 2012
Well, I made it home. Unfortunately.
I almost wish that a crazy storm would have kept the plane from taking off. Or that an angry mob of strikers had surrounded me and kept me from getting to the airport and that the airport said I had to stay the rest of the summer because the next flight was two months away.
That didn't happen. But home isn't so bad. My house is so lovely. My family came over and cleaned it for me, so it looks good as new. : ]
My dog was confused but also excited to see me. I missed her kind and happy presence.
Anyway, there really isn't a way to properly sum up my last moments in Spain. I will do my best with a liszt and some pictures.
What I learned from my time in Spain:
 |
| Me and a street Dalí interpretation. Dalí is so cool. |
- No matter where you are, people are the same. They chide their children for running into the streets, they argue with their families, they go out with their friends, they have routines and they have their own life philosophies and opinions. They might have different customs, but we're all here together on this spinning globe for the same reasons.
- Spaniards are so kind. I met some amazing people that welcomed me and loved me like I never knew was possible from people that weren't my family. I got lucky and found some true friends in Spain.
- That my toes can curl over in ways that make my Spaniard friends cringe
- You have to embrace a place by sharing it with others. It was good to blog so I could share what I got to see with everyone at home.
- Some cities have the power to enchant you, if you just let them.
- Gijón has the prettiest beach I've ever seen
 |
| The Palacio Real was fantástico. We spent so much time there. I even made my friends backtrack like 7 rooms just so I could read to them about something I'd missed in my guide book. So much fun. |
- You really can eat too much bread.
- Spanish food is hearty and you're never offending anyone if you eat until you're stuffed.
- Siesta time should be a legalized requirement for everyone.
- Sometimes things just coincidentally work out.
- Cherries from Southern Spain are the most delightful fruit that exists, period.
- The United States should have markets the way Spain does so that we eat healthier and better food more often.
- Big bonfire parties make everyone a little more excited to be alive.
- Karaoke is really fun. You know what I mean if I've told you this story.
- Castellano and catalán are not the same language. At all.
- I can't escape Kristen Stewart, no matter what country I'm in.
- You can never take too many pictures, but you shouldn't be seeing everything through your camera lens.
- Spaniards ROCK at futbol.
- Guide books are super helpful.
- When you're hot, tired and hungry, you will do just about anything for a gofre.
- It's better to do embarrassing things in foreign countries.
 |
| Spain pride. |
 |
| Parc Güell, one of Gaudí's many great creations in Barcelona. |
 |
| Discoteca excitement |
 |
| Love from Loreto. I'll miss that awesome chica guapa. : ] |
 |
| View from the top in Cudillero |
 |
| Amazing fishing village, Cudillero |
I learned a lot more than just these things and saw a lot more than these few pictures. It's all in my head and heart now. And on my computer, if you ever want to see more of my pics. : ] Maybe I'll throw in a liszt down the road about the great things I remember from Spain. I will greatly miss that country. It was kind to me and I
have to go back.
All for now. Hasta luego, Espa
ña.
1 comment:
I kind of love this, and I'm so happy we got to travel together a bit! Also, those books in the background look very familiar....Madrid?
Post a Comment