Friday, June 8, 2012

All My Muse III

I know I'm in Spain and that I should be all busy with my Spanishy stuff, but I still have time to listen to music. So, since I'm a sick mujer, I'm going to share some music from my favorite band that I listen to as I walk through the streets of Spain every day. It'll help keep me sane. Feel free to skip this if you only want to hear about Spanish mishaps and adventures. If you want to hear good music, continue reading.

Have I ever mentioned how dearly I love The Naked and Famous? One time, for class, I made up a story about how the band would act if they were all shopping at the grocery store together. Weird, I know. But true. Because I love them so much, I'm gonna give you these four songs by them:

  • Remix of Young Blood. Better than the original, if you ask me.
  • This one, Punching in a Dream, is probably on my list of top 5 songs of all time. It NEVER gets old. This video makes me want to ride around on paper airplanes. This song is great for working out, or running late to class, loving the world or hating the world. It's quite versatile.
  • I love how the lead singer, Alisa Xayalith, is so haunting yet so logical with her words. No Way is just legit.
  • Don't ya know that people write songs about girls like you? They are so compelling. I suck with adjectives. Just listen.


The Naked and Famous are the kind of band that have a distinct sound, yet their songs all sound different. I don't ever get sick of them. I hope I introduced you to a new favorite band. Next time they come to concert, I am GOING. No more of this not being 21 nonsense.

Well, peace, love and naked fame. Adiós.

1 comment:

Kiyna Christensen said...

Naked fame? What am I? (: