Friday, June 8, 2012

Estoy enferma : [

7 junio 2012


So, I'm sick.

Don't ask me how I get sick so often. I have the worse immune system in existence to get sick while I'm in Spain. I'm not sure exactly what's wrong, but it's either a nasty cold or the flu.

I tried to go to school today. Unfortunately, our class is kept at a lovely, stuffy 112 degrees Fahrenheit every day. My brain didn't process a single word. All I could think about was how awful I felt. So I left early, took the bus home and crawled into bed for the next six hours.

Since then, I've just been laying in bed. I got up to level 19 on the game on my phone. There are 20 levels on my game. I'll get there, don't be too worried about me. At least it keeps me entertained. My phone was super cheap, 9€, and it works well to communicate with my Gijón friends. It took me about 3 days, but I finally got it to call the United States. I talked to my dad. : ] You don't realize you miss home until you travel to Spain for 6 weeks... It was so good to hear his voice.

Anyway, I'm glad it's the weekend now. Also, there's been a bus strike in Gijón. And a strike of the mining community. Our field trip to Oviedo this week got canceled because of it. We're hopefully going to go in two weeks. But good news: Our trip to Southern Spain next week is on. Thank goodness for private bus lines.

Well, back to the descanso (rest). Adiós, amigos.

No comments: