That woman is me, and jamming in my new thang. Merriam-Webster (my personal favorite online dictionary) defines jam as the following: to take part in a jam session.
So anyway, that was me last night. All jammy. In a sesh. After a church activity last night, a few guys brought instruments to play together, just for the sake of loving music. Being the curious cat I am, I dropped my presence in on them and, well, ended up joining. You see, this jam sesh was so epic because I'm a sheet music kind of gal. I've played the violin since 5th grade, and only ever in school. Which is totally fine and dandy, but jamming is just so exhilarating. The picture below is an accidental glamor shot of me in high school orchestra. Good times.
Part two of this cool experience was getting to play the cajon. Now let me tell you a secret: I've always wanted to play the drums. Just, like, for a second anyway. It's a fleeting dream of mine. But this cajon, it's SO legit; I assure you. Basically you sit on it and tap away to whatever beat you're feelin'. The guy on the picture is sitting on it wrong because the part you hit is on the opposite side. Anyway, if you hit it in the center it's a louder beat and the sides are more muted for softer tones in a song. The only thing I regret is that I was wearing a dress, so I ended up riding the drum side saddle. Next time: jeans. I definitely want a cajon. 
Anyway, I told all of these guys that we're making a band. Who knows if they believed me, but I'm getting our T-shirts made ASAP.
I'm a jammer!
3 comments:
Dang. I wish I'd been there to hear this jam-ness.
Hey. If you EVER take band pictures with them. Ever. Before you take some with me.
I'll be so upset.
No worries. Plenty of band to go around. : ]
Post a Comment