Monday, April 23, 2012

Coincidence?

Do you believe in coincidences?

I can't decide whether I do or not. Sometimes things seem too perfect to not be planned. 

Yet even though things seemed to be last-piece-of-the-puzzle-fitting-in, sometimes you suddenly lose that special, last puzzle piece. It has evaporated and it's like the connection never existed. Why is that? Was all of that coincidence business for nothing?

I don't know. It's fascinating, at any rate.

I mean, have you ever wondered why you attend your school or have your particular job? Is it because you were supposed to meet certain friends, more-than-friends or mentors?

Or would you have found people like that no matter where you were?

It's a mystery. A compelling one that keeps me wondering for hours. I wonder how I became acquaintances with certain people who enchant me or complement my personality so well.

Sometimes my brain makes connections just because it can. Because it strives for those connections. Without connections, I think I feel lost. I like to think that there's some bigger plan with intricate details that's guiding us. I know there is, it's true. I just wonder at all the details that are put into that plan that I can't see. I hope that one day I'll get to look over maps, libraries and blueprints of these plans so I can see how it all fits together.

It's amazing how vast knowledge is and how much there is to know. I love it. : ]

3 comments:

Mom of 12 said...

Alex, you an old soul. Most people your age don't bother to ponder the universe. I admire you!
Sandy

Clayton said...

I wonder that myself sometimes when CRAZY stuff happens and it's like a miracle or something! However, where is the line between what is "meant to be" and what we have control over? Because if anything is "meant to be" then we are just pawns. Free agency?

Alex said...

The wonder never ceases with this topic. There's so much to think about!! I love that it's so complex though.