Okay, so I survived the 5k. Sure, my time was not that of a pro, but I didn't crawl over the finish line either.
Plus, I spray painted my hair green. That made my day all the better.
It's funny, but it makes it better to run with someone. Even though you talk more, and make comments through the whole thing like, "I thought we said those ladies in tutus weren't going to pass us up!" You also get to say, "We're gonna run until that stop sign," and then you realize you can go further. "Okay, I meant the mailbox up there."
I'm pretty much the opposite of a camel. Water is like the best thing. I drink water almost as often as I breathe. People think it's weird, but... I just like water.
This 5k had one water station at the middle. I was more parched than parchment from the dawn of time by the time we got there. I scoffed at the small amount they put in each cup, grabbed two and kept moving.
We made it to the last corner. "Okay, we're going to run the last bit until the finish line and make it look like we've been running the whole time." I don't know who I was trying to fool, but we did it. We crossed the line. So exciting. And relieving. Waaaaattter...
Anyway, all in all, a good race.
2 comments:
Woo wooo!
Good work!
Nice touch with the green hair, by the way.
Nice touch with the whole post.
You're cool.
Post a Comment