Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School, Round 984

Even though I've had way too many days of school in my life to count, the first days are always somewhat notable. Here's what I noted from my first day this year.

  • An incredibly spacey and energetic yoga instructor, nodding about four times before she answered each question and hopping sprightly across the hardwood floor every time she moved
  • A fellow student muttering angrily about building fire codes preventing him from getting add codes for classes
  • That one attractive boy I always used to run into–as well as many other intelligent and attractive males wandering around campus
  • A freshly released (as in for not even 24 hours) returned missionary sitting in the marriage prep class
  • My gender and communication professor named Guy
  • A random guy who apologized for not holding open a door for me well enough
  • A new section of the campus that I found myself in that I had never set foot upon in my life. There's a playground on campus??
  • An obnoxiously hungry swarm of bees at lunch time; I swear those are new.
  • That most people take a class because "It just sounded interesting" and they all say this when asked, no matter how many times it's been repeated before them.

No matter how you slice it, the first day of school is never quite the same each year around.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Hahahahaha. The door one. How funny.

Yay for bloggy update.