Thursday, June 30, 2011

Familiarity

Today was such a good day full of nostalgia.

Since summer began, I didn't throw one glance back at school as I left huffing and puffing from literally sprinting to turn my final paper in at the last possible moment.

But today, I went back.

I only had a meeting there, but it felt soooo good to be back. Even just the drive there was so strikingly familiar. So easily I get lost in it. It's the greatest feeling.

And the city. I love the city, seeing all the sites I forget that I am priviliged to witness every day.

I love my school so much. Who would have thought I would say my school's campus was one of my favorite places to be? Pretty sure I wouldn't have surmised that to be my answer if I had thought this through before going to college. But it's the truth.

Is it because it's familiar to me? Or is it just a beautiful place to attend school? Or maybe I thrive there because that's my meditation center. Each day I have classes I drive and walk campus alone. Really, I am able to hang out with myself. And really hear myself think.

I love that.

I'm not so appalled that I have to be on campus for probably a good number of years still. I can handle being in a location that oozes peace and good feelings.

Ah, sigh. School is great. That is all. : ]