Friday, April 29, 2011

Remember: CCTTCMMCP

Today I want to write about... writing. And sharing feelings.

Ooh, I know, such a touchy topic, sharing our feeeeelings. Yeah, I'm goin' there.

Hang in for the ride.

Isn't sharing our feelings through writing so important to us? We have blogs, facebook, twitter, journals, emails, texting, etc. I guess it's not really the means but the actual communication that's important. But without these forms of writing, what would we have?

Okay, granted, back in the olden days there weren't all of those things I mentioned, except for journals. But still, there was more letter writing, telegrams and those kinds of correspondences to make up for the lack of Internet and phone communication.

But writing's definitely important. I love writing. : ] I think the reason we're all so obsessed with sharing our writing and thoughts on life is that it makes us feel better. It's a feeling of relief when you share your annoyance on facebook about stupid parking ticket guys with their evil plots (and extremely tight bike shorts) or when you scribble furiously into your journal when you're upset or confused about what's happening in your life.

Quite frankly, I'm not sure how Emily Dickinson stayed so cooped up for the later years of her life. I like my quiet time and all, but not enough to never leave my house, constantly wear a white dress and only give muffled replies through the door to any visitors. That sounds so boring, right? (At least get a red dress to alternate with!)

Okay, so Dickinson made her mark in life by getting numerous poems published, but I don't think that her reclusive ways are advisable for the rest of us. We need each other and we need to share our thoughts among one another. It's the way life should be.

Chat, chat, think, think, chat, mull, mull, chat, ponder. That could be my new motto, even if it is kind of long... But the periodic chatting, that's where you'll get the solidification of all of your thinking, mulling and pondering. You need that time to think outloud and hear other people's opinions. Sometimes I treat people in my life like human journals. I just keep talking and rehashing. But I always come out knowing more than I did when I started.

Anyway, I guess what I'm getting around to is that sharing our feelings is important. We shouldn't hold them in.

I have issues with this sometimes; I don't always go into human journaling mode. I like to pretend I'm not human and I don't really have to feel anything sometimes. It seems easier that way. But it's really not.

So, let's all open up and throw our ghostly white dresses in the corner (don't forget to don other apparel, please) and exchange more of our thoughts and feelings with each other. Let's have tea parties, book clubs and bonfires more often. Let's get together and just talk. Let's write more letters and write in our journals more often. We don't live forever so we have to really feel at some point. Don't hold back.

CCTTCMMCP (Chat, chat, think, think, chat, mull, mull, chat, ponder.)

: ]

3 comments:

IamTeach said...

I love this, and it sounds very familiar! (: I think we chatted and chatted about this and lately I've been mulling it over and even pondering it. I am right on track with your motto, yo. (:

Great post, bff.

Alex said...

Thank you, dearie. We shall continue our journey of chatting, pondering, chatting and mulling, no doubt.
It's too much fun to stop now. :]

Bethany said...

Pretending to be something other than human... love.