Saturday, April 30, 2011

Car emotions

It's probably advisable to not lock your keys in your car, be the victim of a jerky road rager and talk about all sorts of emotional things within a short period of time.

It really gets to you fast.

For all those of you out there who were planning on the lock-keys-in-car-road-rager-pick-me-wanna-talk-about-everything-that-makes-me-want-to-cry route...

I'd really suggest going for ice cream instead.

3 comments:

Bossy said...

Did Teach ever tell you about the time I (well Taco) locked the keys in the car twice in the same weekend?

Last Memorial Day, it was our first family trip without Gamer because he and I were in timeout. We went down to see Quilt-Making Great-Grandma and other family stuff. So we were two hours from home when Taco asked for the keys so he could get something. It wasn't until we were getting ready to head to see the lambs that I discovered the keys missing. On a holiday weekend, after 5pm, in a small town hours from home.

Fortunately the local service station had a guy on call for the holiday so we were able to get a locksmith. We got back home and the next day in front of Mom's house I locked the keys in the car this time. This time we had a back window cracked. So we spent almost an hour with everything we could think of skinny enough to fit trying to unlock the door by pushing the lock up. Finally Dad brought out a paint roller he had for repainting the vaulted entryway ceiling and we got smart and hit the power locks instead. :)

Some days life if just like that and when you are already "stressed" out it seems like the little things are giant rock walls and you are in high heels instead of rock climbing gear. Someday soon you will be laughing about the car keys. Instead of ice cream can we go to vill in for pie?

Bethany said...

Hmm... Ice cream would fix that.

Alex said...

Thanks for sharing your story to make me feel better. Twice in one weekend... Definitely crazy. I think I might make another spare key for my wallet; I've heard that's a good way to prevent this kind of thing. And, yes, pie would help remedy this situation for sure. I actually had ice cream right before all of this happened but I think ice cream (and pie) right after would have helped more. :]