The internet is an incredible thing for witnessing people's feelings. Most of the time I find this obnoxious. Occasionally I find it admirable.
When people have the gall to share exactly how they feel, sometimes I get envious. I'm a private person and don't talk about all my issues or triumphs with people online because it seems too personal. Sometimes though when I send out a tweet to the world, I feel a sense of catharsis, like I've put my feelings into the world and now suddenly they're real. The same goes for my occasional blog post.
Sometimes when you write what you feel, it becomes real. A lot of my writing is not necessarily my feelings though. I like writing stories about people, places and things. I love good, interesting and inspiring writing.
Truth be told, I think my dream job would be an author. Someday I want to publish a book or a compilation of short stories. That would be such a bucket list thing for me.
I saw this quote the other day and really liked it.
I love her lack of regard for those pieces of advice. Writers get told that stuff a lot. But I feel better knowing other writers think it's crap. Sometimes when I just hammer something out without hardly even thinking about it, I can come up with something great. Other times when I rewrite what I already wrote it becomes spastic and without any sort of flow. Writing is a fascinating game.
Anyway, writing is great, whether online or not. I want to write more. It's good for me. Not all writing has to be all touchy-feely either. I can just write and be happy with that. I just love that writing your thoughts, whether putting them on paper, in a journal, on a blog or on a Word doc, makes them real. Writing is creating. No matter how you do it, if you love it, you should do it your own way and let it make your words real and ever present in the world.

1 comment:
I like that quote.
Post a Comment