Monday, July 8, 2013

Advice from a college graduate

I sure haven't written anything in quite some time now... It's okay. It's never too late to start writing.

Anyway, life. It's crazier every, single day. That's what happens when you ride the waves of life. I hope the waves take me toward a dazzling sunset full of bright, wholesome sunlight. That sounds nice. : ]

So, since I'm all graduated with my English teaching bachelor's degree, I feel that I am able to impart some of my wisdom, which actually has nothing to do with my education.

Some random advice from me:


Luke and Lorelai from Gilmore Girls. : ]
  • Sometimes we don't know what's best—Heavenly Father has that figured out already though. TRUST. When your grad school turns you down, apply again. You might get in and realize that you needed to wait another semester anyway. Listen to those feelings about what you need to be doing with yourself.
  • When you find a man who loves you no matter what and thinks you look so cute in sweats and cooks whatever you desire and takes you to Nickelmania and ventures with you to explore new restaurants and leaves you flowers just because and enjoys your ridiculously random "what if" questions and holds you so cozily against him and looks adorable scruffy or scruffless and agrees to accompany you on piano in musical numbers in church and vacuums your whole house and talks to your dog loudly during fireworks and thunderstorms to distract her and makes the two of you equal the perfect combo of Luke and Lorelai... well, keep him!
  • Slowly but surely you will get better if only you try. You can't expect everyone else to do the work to magically make you better; instead, you need to purposely try to make yourself into your best you and stick to the trying part. By small and simple things are great things brought to pass. That phrase has meant everything to me lately with its overwhelming truth.
  • When people try to get you down about things you believe in, ignore them. Listen to reason and logic, but also listen to your heart and your head. Those two voices know what's best for you. Those are the voices you will have wished you'd followed.
Well, that's all for now. I feel oh-so-wise. And come fall, I'll be even wiser with my grad school education.Yahoo!


2 comments:

Bethany said...

you classy hag, you

Madeline said...

Hey, thanks for your comment! So great to find a fellow Gilmore lover out there :) I love what you said in this post, everything is so true!