Monday, October 22, 2012

Fishy dream



Dear everyone, I have an announcement.

Drum roll, please...

Thanks.

So...

I'm pretty sure I like fish.

Now, I say pretty sure just in case the whole thing was a dream. Because me liking fish is probably the weirdest thing to ever happen to me. I've spent my whole life turning my nose away from fish and, consequently, my entire body away and out the door if fish was present on the premises.

But now, something crazy happened. I tried fresh fish, and I didn't hate it.

The only conclusion I can come to is that I might possibly just be a fish snob and only like fresh fish. Because apparently there's a big difference. If it means that I'm suddenly a fish lover, then it really is an astronomical difference.

You might think that this is simply a fluke. I liked fish one time, no big deal. But here's the issue. I tried three different kinds of fish last night. And I liked all three.

Salmon
Halibut
Trout

That's why I'm thinking it could have been a dream. I mean, how could this be a thing after over 20 years of hatred?

Yet there I was with halibut, trout and salmon before me. I have this adventure complex. If something weird is put in front of me to eat, I have to try it. You should have seen me in Spain. I ate all sorts of interesting meals and just plunged right in, even when I had no clue what was on the plate.

So, last night, I stuck that fork in each piece of fish, flaked off bites and chewed. And I didn't even hate it.

If anyone has any answer to this absurd life I'm now leading, please clue me in.

Recommendations for good places to get fresh fish will also be accepted.

I never thought I would say that...

Somebody pinch me. Or don't because I'll never eat good fish again if I wake up.



I can't believe I ate this... and liked it.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Answer: You were on a date?
(:

Have you tried sushi?