Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Crossies

So, I cross my eyes a lot lately.

I have two reasons for doing so – both completely legitimate – yet now I get cross-cross-oh-that-hurts-owie-pain headaches. Really though, they're worth it.


Reason #1: When people are being absurdly ridiculous or annoying. This includes, but is not limited to, customers who twenty-question me about fabric until I swear fabric is trailing out of my ears; fellow students who think they are funnier than everyone else; people who don't know what they want so they act aloofly to convey this fact; people who keep yapping to me on the phone for no reason when I have things to cross off my to-do list and The Vampire Diaries to watch...




Reason #2: To make my friends laugh while we're at church. In a quiet setting, there is nothing more satisfying than upsetting the calm with a good eye cross. That person laughs or smiles and if someone wants to know why... Well, they look at me and it's a mystery because nothing is amiss by the time they look my way. It's brilliant.