Well, hello.
This is new. And quite fun... I think. It's like my own little journal. Except it'll be more about what the heck is going on in my head than a day-to-day ritual routine. Aka stuff on my window seat. I do wish I actually had a window seat in reality. But I suppose that's the point: it's a figurative window seat to house the musings of my imagination and the desires of my heart. Or maybe less dramatic things if I so desire. Anyway. There's just something about window seats that is magical. From the inside looking out you can ponder life, read yourself into a different universe or enjoy nature at its finest.
What has been on my window seat of late, you ask? Hmm... Meeting people. I have this weird philosophical obsession with meeting people. I mean, we're born into our families and so those are our given pals and support systems but friends and special more-than-friends? How do we meet them?
Sometimes you are thrown in a situation together and it just happens. You click and you work together or have a school project to get done, but you end up extending the friendship beyond the regular requirements of the job/project.
But of course there are always the random meets. For example, at an institute dance last night, a character dressed as Waldo from "Where's Waldo?" met so many people just because he dressed up as a recognizable character. What a way to make friends.
But how the heck do we meet people we will call our best friends or our husbands/wives? It boggles my mind. Some people come into your life and never leave. But how do we know when that's going to happen?
For example, asking a blonde, shy girl with glasses if she wants to work on your math assignment together is one way. Trust me, I know. Also, accidentally kicking feet beneath a desk in third grade can lead to playing at recess for the next 9+ years. But how do you know when you feel that kick or smile when that girl agrees to work with you that you will know these people forever? You don't. It's crazy.
So also, about meeting special someones, how is that supposed to work? The classics: running into someone in the hallway with books knocked over; forced together as lab partners; having to work with someone you hate. Those don't seem completely legit. They're too cliche.
How is it that people judge each other so easily anyway? Our clothes and appearance say so much about us. We dress and act how we want to be seen. It's strange because sometimes the facade people put on isn't who they really are. So how do we know if we'd get along with someone? We can't just assume our answer. I mean a guy can't just say, "Well, she was hott. So I walked over and shamelessly flirted with her." Why, dude, why? There's gotta be more to it than that. That's all I'm sayin' here.
Fascinating, I tell you, fascinating it is. I suppose I could try dressing up as someone famous and see if I meet more people. People tell me I look like Kristen Stewart all the time... But I don't think that would generate the exact response I'd be looking for. ("Do you like vampires or werewolves better... Come on, make the right choice here or we won't be friends...")
But I suppose I just go about my life winging it. I guess if I met a potential boyfriend I could always bring up my meeting-people theory right when we met. That'd either scare him away or keep him interested. The interested one can stay and I guess that'll be how I'll know he's a keeper.
Well, anyway. I suppose that's the rant from the window seat today. Until later...
<3/the Allig8or on the window seat
No comments:
Post a Comment